Academic Year 2022-2023 Courses
Information Regarding Architecture Course Applications and Online Registration:
Many of our courses require an application. In order to receive full consideration for admission to one of these courses, students must submit an application and also register online for that course's waitlist during the early registration period. If an application asks you to rank multiple sections of a course, you should add yourself to the waitlist for whichever section is your top choice.
Our department will accept applications on a rolling basis and conduct four rounds of admissions to our courses during the following weeks:
- The week of April 25–29, 2022
- The week of June 27–July 1, 2022
- The week of August 22–26, 2022
- The week of August 29–September 2, 2022
On the day that an instructor or the department admits a student from the waitlist, that student will see their status change to "Approved" on SSOL. The student will then be automatically moved from the waitlist to the class list overnight. After September 2, students who remain on the waitlist for any of our courses will need to attend the first class session and speak with the instructor to inquire if any spots have opened up.
Fall 2022 Courses
All of our fall 2022 courses will be full-semester courses and taught in person.
|ARCH UN1010.01||DESIGN FUTURES: NEW YORK CITY||F 1:10-4:25*||TBA||No application required.|
|ARCH UN1010.02||DESIGN FUTURES: NEW YORK CITY||F 1:10-4:25*||TBA||No application required.|
|ARCH UN1020||INTRO TO ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN & VISUAL CULTURE||MW 1:10-3:00||Rouhe, T.||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN2101.01||ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN: SYSTEMS AND MATERIALS||TR 9:00-11:50||Cristobal, D.||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN2101.02||ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN: SYSTEMS AND MATERIALS||MW 9:00-11:50||Rouhe, T.||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN2103||ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN: ENVIRONMENTS AND MEDIATIONS||MW 10:00-12:50||Schwartzman, M.||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN3120||CITY, LANDSCAPE AND ECOLOGY||TR 4:10-5:25||Ghoche, R.||No application required.|
|ARCH UN3201||ADVANCED ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN I||MW 9:00-11:50||Fairbanks + Moore + Schissel||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN3211||ADVANCED ARCHITECTURAL RESEARCH & DESIGN||MW 9:00-11:50||Baxi, K.||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN3312||SPECIAL TOPICS: ENVIRONMENTS FOR INCLUSION||MW 6:00-7:25||Verona, I.||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN3901||SENIOR SEMINAR: ARCHITECTURAL CRITICISM||R 12:10-2:00||Stephens, S.||Apply here.|
|ARCH UN3997||INDEPENDENT STUDY||N/A||Multiple Sections||Apply here.|
|ARCH GU3400||THE JUST CITY||R 2:10-4:00||Smith, N.|
- Both sections of our course ARCH UN1010 Design Futures: NYC typically meet on Fridays from 1:10-4:25 PM but occasionally meet until 5:25 PM. Additionallly, Design Futures: NYC is a course primarily intended for first year students. So, first year students will be given priority for admission.
- Applications for ARCH UN3211 Advanced Architectural Research & Design are due by June 1, 2022. Unlike our other courses, applications for AAR&D will be only accepted up until June 1st, 2022. The department will close applications after that date and the instructor will form the class list and update applicants within a few weeks.
- Course descriptions are available here on our website: https://architecture.barnard.edu/comprehensive-list-courses
- For a complete list of fall courses that have been approved to fulfill various architecture major and minor requirements, please see here: https://architecture.barnard.edu/approved-courses-majors-minor