Calendar and Hours
Please review our policies before you schedule your appointment:
- Without exception, the Barnard and Columbia Architecture laser cutter is only available to students in the following courses: Architectural Design: Systems and Materials, Advanced Architectural Design I, Advanced Architectural Design II, Advanced Architectural Research and Design, and Special Topics courses.
- You must sign-up 24 hours in advance. You are allotted a maximum of 30 minutes per day and 1 hour per week
- You must submit your file to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 minutes before your appointment
- You should arrive 15 minutes before your appointment with materials that have already been cut to the proper dimensions (18"x32")
- You must remain in the laser cutting room for the duration of your appointment
- If you need to cancel your appointment, you must do so by 5 PM the day BEFORE your scheduled appointment in order to avoid any penalties
- If you cancel anytime AFTER 5 PM the day before your appointment, you will receive an email alerting you to the fact that you have lost your laser cutting privileges for the subsequent 7 days
- If you haven't arrived in 404A Diana 5 minutes before your appointment, your reservation will be considered a "late cancellation" (see above for late cancellation penalty)
- If you make more than one late cancellation (or have 2 late arrivals), you will receive an email alerting you to the fact that you have lost your laser cutting privileges for the remainder of the semester
REGISTER FOR A LASER CUTTING APPOINTMENT
Only students in approved courses will be given access to the document for signing up for laser cutting appointments.
If you are enrolled in an architecture course and would like to meet with the DAL TAs for help with a project, please review their office hours schedule on the calendar below and email them to request an appointment.